About Us

Contact Information

1370 Commissioners Rd W., London ON, N6K 1E1
Phone: 519-452-8080 Fax: 519-452-8089
Email: byronnorthview@tvdsb.ca


School History

Our school has a long history of educating young people. Our present building sits on the oldest site of a school location in this part of Ontario. In 1987, we celebrated the 150th Anniversary of the Byron Northview School site. Former students came from as far away as Australia and Africa to celebrate this significant event.  

1837: Private School

1840: School Site Purchased

1852: Cobblestone School Built

1869: New Brick School

1937: 2 Room Byron Public School Built

1952: 5 Room Addition

1953: Northview School

1954, 1955, 1956: Additions

1961: Annexation to the City of London with the school officially known as Byron Northview

1971: New building to replace the original 1937 building


Present Building

19 classrooms and a portapak with 6 classrooms

Library Learning Commons, Music Room, Gymnasium


Other Info

We have a Before and After School Program in our school run by London Children's Connection. Please visit www.lcc.on.ca for more information. We also have evening programs in which sports activities are offered for the community.


School Motto

"Courtesy and Respect"

School Colours

Royal Blue and White

School Mascot




Co-instructional Activities

Below are the activities and clubs offered:

Spirit Day Assemblies and Activities
Math Challenge

Social Justice ("We") Club
Chess Club

Cross Country
Track and Field
Soft Ball

International Children's Festival

Noteworthy Items

Below are highlights of the school year:
Terry Fox Run
Book Fairs
School Council
Author Visits 
School Council Events (e.g. Meet the Teacher Night, Dances, Silent Auction, Fun Fair, Hot Lunches)